Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday suprise


Well, the weatherman predicted rain for Sunday, and judging from the heavy rain Saturday evening it looked to be an accurate prediction. But suprise, I awoke to the morning sun streaming through my bedroom window!

Due to the erroneous weather report Terry and I got a late start, but we decided to head to the Skagit valley up to see some tulips!
We didn't get up to the fields until about 11:30 am. The crowds were large, and the mid-day sun was harsh, so after a few shots we gave up and headed up to Edison
(home of Edward R. Murrow) and The
Bread Farm. They have th best bread in the world, I picked up a loaf of their Potato bread, incredible stuff. Leaving Edison we headed up Chuckanut drive and into the Fairhaven area of Bellingham. We went to Boulevard Park and took a stroll on the over water boardwalk and saw a (new to us) bird, the red-necked grebe, and watched a seagull have a starfish lunch.


We had lunch at the Colophon cafe, checked out the bookstore and then headed back home. All in all, a pretty darn nice day!

2 comments:

  1. A very, very lovely day, I would say! I just loved the Skagit valley when we visited last Aug, it must be awesome this time of year. The tulips pics are great--love the perspective with the barn there, and the closeup of the pink tulips--wish I could plant some, but the deer adore tulips (eating them, that is!)....D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on that red-necked grebe! Much to elegant a bird for a name like that! D

    ReplyDelete