Happy Thanksgiving! I drove down from Crescent City to McKinleyville and met up with Mark, it was a beautiful misty morning. The surf was really high, last night the forecast was for 17-23 foot swells. I saw some BIG waves this morning, and throughout the day, although the peak was at midnight on Wednesday.
Mark showed me around the area between Arcata and the coast, some very beautiful sights. In a field above the Mad river we saw a field with 20+ egrets, I could only get a few in the picture.
Mark graciously bought me a crab, in keeping with my dietary guidelines. I had a plateful of crab, mashed potatoes and some wonderful peas and pearl onions in a white sauce, it was delicious. I also make a good friend of "Stinko" at Marks house, he is a Jack Russell Terrier who designated my lap as the best place to be. He was very sweet and very insistent, whenever I stopped petting him he would nuzzle my hands until I started again. I almost took him with me when I left...

What lovely misty pics! The Friends of the Dunes looks lovely, what a magical house to live in....your Thanksgiving sounds perfect, doggie love, friendship, and healthy delicious food. Life is good.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Denise