Saturday, April 25, 2009

A quick trip to the Mountain Loop Highway


Last Sunday Terry and I took a Sunday drive up to the Mt. Loop as we hadn't been up there in quite a while. We had the treat of seeing an American Dipper. I didn't get a picture of it, but you can see one here. The road is still closed at Deer Creek, and there was still a good amount of snow there. The snow is mostly gone at the lower elevations. We saw this rather humorous snowmobile trailer at the Deer Creek turnaround.

We walked around the "Youth on Age" old growth stand (named after the plant called youth on age that grows there), I love this small old growth stand. We were very fortunate to see a Varied Thrush while there as well. The river had decided to make some changes to the trail over the winter, and created this beautiful scene.










I love "The Stilly", it is a beautiful river.

2 comments: